Place of Birth
Date of Birth
Place of Death
Date of Death
The Eastern Gazette 9-17-1903, p.5
A Fatal Accident. Mr. and Mrs. Harry Goodwin of this village have the sympathy of our people in a great affliction that befell them last Monday. Their little son Erold, aged seven years, was at play at the Pleasant street school building with a pipe he had for blowing soap bubbles. Obtaining some matches he thought he would play smoke and stuffing some paper into the pipe he attempted to light it. In some way the lighted match fell inside his blouse and set it on fire. Before the fire could be put out he was terribly burned on the breast and abdomen. Physicians were promptly summoned but could do little for the sufferer. He soon became unconscious and remained so until he died about two o'clock Tuesday morning. He was a pupil in the Baptist Sunday School and all the school and church deeply feel the sad accident. Prayers were held at the home on Church street by Rev. H. B. Woods Wednesday noon and the remains were taken to Lincoln for interment, Mr. Woods accompanying the afflicted family and conducting the funeral services at that place at ten o'clock this morning.